Login: 
Passwort: 
Neuanmeldung 
Passwort vergessen

Das neue Heft erscheint am 1. Mai
Fliegen ohne Flugleiter – wir warten auf ...
Eindrücke von der AERO 2024
Notlandung: Diesmal in echt!
Kontamination von Kraftstoffsystemen
Kölner Handling-Agenten scheitern mit Klage
Unfall: Verunglücktes Änderungsmanagement
Engagierter Journalismus aus Sicht des eigenen Cockpits
Engagierter Journalismus aus Sicht des eigenen Cockpits
Sortieren nach:  Datum - neue zuerst |  Datum - alte zuerst |  Bewertung

22. Januar 2023: Von Thomas W. Richter an Stefan Deil Bewertung: +1.00 [1]

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B08KHDPPWG?ref_=dbs_p_mng_rwt_ser_shvlr&storeType=ebooks

Am besten gleich alle vier Bücher von Mike Bush. Wirklich extrem hilfreich.

22. Januar 2023: Von Markus S. an Thomas W. Richter

Link zum Autor Mike Bush

https://resources.savvyaviation.com

22. Januar 2023: Von Patrick Lienhart an Markus S. Bewertung: +2.00 [2]

Busch/Deakin fan hier!

Trotzdem ein paar "random internet voices":

And as far as Mike Busch is concerned, I generally disagree with about 70 – 80% of what he has to say – and I recommend that you ought to be more critical and wary of what he says too. That is because he is NOT a “real” A&P or IA as he claims. He has never “turned a wrench” professionally. His professional background and training is in business development and software. I don’t know how he even managed to get much less keep and maintain an IA because from where I sit he does not qualify as “actively engaged.”

The supposed business model for Mike Bush’s company Savvy Aircraft Maintenance actually makes me mad too. Inserting themselves as middlemen into the natural relationship between mechanics and pilot/owners. In my opinion, that was even possible in the first place for only two reasons – mechanic do not do a good enough job communicating with their customers and customers do not do a good enough job paying attention and being actively engaged in learning and knowing what they really need to know about maintaining their own aircraft. In my experience, too many of them are only too happy to pawn off the responsibility that is really theirs on to someone else so that they don’t have to do it themselves. Ref. 14 CFR 91.7(b)

From my perspective as a mechanic with going on 30 years of experience, I was actually surprised by the apparently high incidence of mechanic failures and engine problems that was reported. But also in my experience, that is more likely to be due to operational abuse and failure to seek out and allow regular, good maintenance to be done than it is to be due to “bad maintenance” by mechanics. Pilot/owners with enough money can do just about whatever they want, but mechanics are in an employment and business “market” that tends to limit opportunities for and even weed out people who don’t know what they are doing or do a good job. That is simple economics.

--------

Basically he tells aircraft owners what they want to hear, paints all A&P's as uneducated scam artists, and sells his service as the only way owners can protect themselves. IOW, a narcissistic grifter. And owners eat that shit up.

I remember telling Mike about a bushing problem we were seeing on Bendix mags and suggesting they get checked at annual. "Nope! No SB's! Not required!" No problem then. His spreadsheet has spoken. Who are we to try to prevent an in-flight failure? When they did fail, the customers had downtime and had to pay for an overhaul instead of the quick repair they could have had. A year later SB669 was issued.

It's getting harder to find a shop that will put up with his shit. But his public videos and seminars have given us a lot of work due to his questionable advise.

-------

^exactly this^ in addition every FAA agent I have talked says that one of the worst decisions made by the agency was giving Mike Bush the A&P of the year award.

-------

I would never do [the cylinder rope trick] personally. Mike Busch pushes it super hard because he claims, you can't re torque a cylinder back to original torque values. Which is complete bullshit. I've replaced more cylinders than I can count. I hate that dude.

--------

His Savvy ran a prebuy on a 177 in TX that was the worst plane I have seen anyone buy in decades. And During inspections for Savvy owners they don’t send any data, any special inspections, no manuals, they don’t seem to do much, and in 10 yrs you coughed up 7k.

He profits by staying way far away from the actual aircraft.

I have never had an oil filter leak after an oil change in 36 yrs of doing them, so does that mean I should stop running them up and checking for leaks after an oil change? Nope.

Obviously if you are going to perform an inspection and take a plane apart into a bunch of pieces and then put it back together you better do it damn well or a problem can occur.

The GA airframes have been around for 40 yrs , mostly. They have been outside, mostly. They get the same old wing panels off inspections. mostly. Unfortunately not where the corrosion is usually. and corrosion prevention is the name of the game.

You need to have the nosiest mech you can find looking into your nooks and crannies for corrosion and apply inhibitor. And you need to do that before you spend money on anything else.

Spend the 700 a year on Corrosion-X.

--------

24. Januar 2023: Von Udo R. an Patrick Lienhart Bewertung: +1.00 [1]

Was Savvyy mit LOP-Betrieb losgetreten hat ist viel wert. Da wurde ne Menge Sprit für nix verbrannt. Mittlerweile weiß man es besser und kann Temperaturen viel besser überwachen. Das rechne ich ihm hoch an, weil alles was sich vermeiden lässt sollte man vermeiden.

Was natürlich Quatsch ist ist die Generalaussage sowas wie Mechaniker wüssten nix von ihrem Geschäft. Das ist Marketing für seine Firma Savvyy. Natürlich mag es schwarze Schafe geben, aber ich denke mal viele, wenn nicht die meisten, Flugzeugmechaniker wissen auch verdammt gut Bescheid.

Ich bin froh, meine Wartung an meinem Vogel noch selbst zu machen und vor allem mal komplett und in aller Tiefe gesehen zu haben. Das ist eine Lehre für's ganze restliche Fliegerleben. Auch wenn ich das mittelfristig wohl nicht mehr komplett alleine machen werde, weiß ich jetzt doch recht genau wieviel Arbeit da drin steckt. Und was so Ersatzteile kosten, wenn man sie selbst bestellt. Unglaublich.

Und manche Sachen sind erstaunlich zeitaufwändig, wenn man sie verdammt nochmal ordentlich macht. Kaum ein Pilot kann da "Nepp" von "angemessene Preise" unterscheiden, wie auch. Das öffnet Tür und Tor.

Aber es ist doch wie immer. Wer viel Geld in die Hand nimmt findet auch einen Abnehmer dafür. Und wer vorsichtig damit umgeht, findet auch so einen Weg. Man kann immer noch für echt wenig Geld fliegen, wenn man bisschen Zeit und Geduld mitbringt und seine Fühler ausstreckt und sich vor allem umhört.

4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1

Home
Impressum
© 2004-2024 Airwork Press GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten. Vervielfältigung nur mit Genehmigung der Airwork Press GmbH. Die Nutzung des Pilot und Flugzeug Internet-Forums unterliegt den allgemeinen Nutzungsbedingungen (hier). Es gelten unsere Datenschutzerklärung unsere Allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen (hier). Kartendaten: © OpenStreetMap-Mitwirkende, SRTM | Kartendarstellung: © OpenTopoMap (CC-BY-SA) Hub Version 14.22.03
Zur mobilen Ansicht wechseln
Seitenanfang