Rigging: Einmal geradeaus bitte!
Innsbruck bei Ostwind
Unfall: De-facto Staffelung am unkontrollierten Flugplatz
Engagierter Journalismus aus Sicht des eigenen Cockpits
Engagierter Journalismus aus Sicht des eigenen Cockpits
Sortieren nach:  Datum - neue zuerst |  Datum - alte zuerst |  Bewertung

5. November 2020: Von Erik N. an Matthias Kramer

hier die Beschreibung aus Beechtalk, habe es so gelassen:

CamGuard doesn't contain *any* friction modifiers at all. It is anti-corrosion and cleanliness additives only. The formulation was specifically designed not to affect Continental starter adapters. I talked with the formulator about this and honestly, I think he knows what he's talking about.

However, *any* oil that complies with AD-80-04-03.r2 (Lycoming oil additive AD for -H2AD engines) does contain an "anti-wear" additive that might cause issues with the starter adapter. This additive is a phosphating anti-wear agent (either tri-cresyl-phosphate or one of its analogs). This kind of additive creates a thin sacrificial layer on the surface of metal, which wears off under high pressure and prevents spalling. This was done to protect the cams and lifters in certain Lycoming engines.

But you probably don't want this in a starter drive - though the oil makers that offer these blends claim it won't affect one.

Lycoming oil additive is #LW16702.

Oil that contain this additive in the bottle as AMOC for AD-80-04-03:

Phillips 66 Victory 100AW
Aeroshell W100-Plus
Aeroshell W 15W-50
Exxon Elite
(may be others)

Oils that do not have this additive:
Phillips 66 X/C
Aeroshell W80, W100, W120
Pretty much all "mineral" oils don't.

Avblend is baby oil (literally) with a small amount of blue dye and ether for fragrance. It won't hurt anything. Given that, I'm not sure what it will do for you. I think it will flash off quickly at operating temperatures.

However, if you have an Iskra starter motor, that seems to be a common problem.

1 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1

Home
Impressum
© 2004-2024 Airwork Press GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten. Vervielfältigung nur mit Genehmigung der Airwork Press GmbH. Die Nutzung des Pilot und Flugzeug Internet-Forums unterliegt den allgemeinen Nutzungsbedingungen (hier). Es gelten unsere Datenschutzerklärung unsere Allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen (hier). Kartendaten: © OpenStreetMap-Mitwirkende, SRTM | Kartendarstellung: © OpenTopoMap (CC-BY-SA) Hub Version 14.22.03
Zur mobilen Ansicht wechseln
Seitenanfang