Unfall: Wer zu oft warnt ...
Engagierter Journalismus aus Sicht des eigenen Cockpits
Engagierter Journalismus aus Sicht des eigenen Cockpits
Sortieren nach:  Datum - neue zuerst |  Datum - alte zuerst |  Bewertung

7. August 2020: Von Guido Frey an Peter Holmes Bewertung: +13.00 [13]

@Peter Holmes

Concerning your comments I have a few annotations:

I think old is not necessarily equivalent to bad:

eddh.de might be quite oldfashioned in its website design, but it does pretty much its job. Even without any fancy programming I can read it on a PC, on an iPad or even my phone. And as this is mostly text and not pictures, even the download happens quite fast.

To nearly all airports in Europe with runway longer than 800 m and accessible to GA I find reports in eddh.de.

And even old reports from 2005 and earlier seem valuable to me:

I use them like oil samples: On the one hand if a limit is exceeded (e. g. high landing fees, complicated airside access) this raises a warning flag, on the other hand I might see a trend in reports through time in one direction (less and less parking space available, requirements like slot or handling popping up...).

And this is all based on a limited number of pilots writing in German.

So for me this tool, despite its age, is still very valuable.

The advantage I see in your tool is local pilots writing about their local airports. Those are the people that know the airport inside out and how to get around certain obstacle (e. g. ramp access only handling in Spain, MFGZ handling in LSZH etc.). This is missing in eddh.de mostly outside Germany.

So why don't you ask Sigi, the operator of eddh.de, and Jan, the operator of this forum and the associated report platform, to cooperate:

You three could share all reports among each other. There could be a maschine translation for the reports. This would open up more reports for all your websites and broaden the amount of readers and contributors for each website.

Just my two cents...

7. August 2020: Von Sven Walter an Guido Frey

Spot on, Guido.

Nevertheless I'd be surprised if you receive an answer...

2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1

Home
Impressum
© 2004-2024 Airwork Press GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten. Vervielfältigung nur mit Genehmigung der Airwork Press GmbH. Die Nutzung des Pilot und Flugzeug Internet-Forums unterliegt den allgemeinen Nutzungsbedingungen (hier). Es gelten unsere Datenschutzerklärung unsere Allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen (hier). Kartendaten: © OpenStreetMap-Mitwirkende, SRTM | Kartendarstellung: © OpenTopoMap (CC-BY-SA) Hub Version 14.22.03
Zur mobilen Ansicht wechseln
Seitenanfang